Today I had what I hope will be my last blonde moment of the year. For some reason I always find a way to embarrass myself in BIG ways! So here's what happened. We are leaving for Christmas break in 2 days and I had some last minute shopping to do. So as soon as Matt made it home from his final, I took off. I must admit it felt great to get out of the house- by myself- for a little while. My first stop was the bank, then Old Navy, then finally Target. ( I just love that place, don't you?) I was only there to pick up 2 items for the baby, but hey, I saw the clothes and they just lured me over! In the meantime, my friend, Vickie, called me. We hadn't talked in forever, so I was just excited to hear from her. So we chatted and I shopped around for loose fitting tops. Well I found a couple and then I heard the jewelry department calling my name- so I had to go and take a quick look. I grabbed my cart and headed for the bling. I found this totally cute ring on clearance- come to think of it I forgot to go back and get it- but I was a little side tracked (you'll see why in a moment). After looking at the jewelry for a minute, I turned around and started pushing a cart. To my dismay I looked down and it wasn't my cart...MY CART WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND! I began to panic a little because my purse containing my wallet, keys, checkbook, etc was in that cart. I ran around the whole department looking for my cart and it was gone. My first thought was that someone accidentally took my cart and left me theirs. Honest mistake...but as time ticked by and I found no one pushing the wrong cart, I began to get a little frantic. Yeah, my money was in that purse, but I also had found a really cute top, the only one in my size, and it was in there too!!! Immediately I went to find a worker to help me out. With tears in my eyes, I talked a million miles a minute, trying to explain to her as fast as possible what had happened. I needed to talk fast- I had a thief to catch! An all call went out across the walkie-talkies and soon the whole place was buzzing. Trashcans and dressing rooms were being searched- security said that it is typical for someone to take the contents of a purse then throw it away. I didn't figure it was the right time to ask if they could check in the back to see if they had anymore cute tops like the one the thief stole! kidding... Anyway, soon I requested that the security tapes be reviewed. While they were being reviewed I checked the parking lot to make sure my car was still there. On my way back in (the out door) some grumpy 'ol senior citizen decided it was his civil duty to yell at me for coming in the "out". I usually love old folks, but if looks could kill... I was on a mission, and as badly as I wanted to tell him off, there was no time. I planted myself at the exit door, eyeing everyone! Everyone was a suspect! Looking back, I must have looked a little crazy. When security finished reviewing the tapes of the jewelry department, they emerged from their offices looking puzzled. "ma'am we see you in the jewelry department, but there was never a cart with a purse in it. Did you go anywhere else?" Well, of course, I came from the clothing department...then it hit me! I was escorted to the clothing and there sat my cart- purse, jacket, cute top and all. Putting two and two together I realized that the only thief in the store WAS ME! I had accidentally taken someone else's cart, leaving mine! How embarrassing- they are probably still laughing at me! Don't worry, I purchased the cute top!
Old McDonald's Farm
12 years ago



2 comments:
Bless your heart, well I'm glad that everything worked out alright. At least you bought the cute top! You are too funny!
Congratulations! Your kids are adorable - one looks like mom, and now one looks like dad.
Erin, your mom was the one telling me I needed to start a blog, so I finally did after seeing your's and Lauren's and how cute they both are...
Merry Christmas!
Sara, Barry, and Gabe
Post a Comment