Thursday, January 29, 2009

Potty Poo Poo Wee Wee

Potty Poo Poo Wee Wee... believe it or not, this is the name of an actual children's book...that, of course, Ava Ryan loves. I can hardly read it without giggling, therefore teaching Ava that going poo in the potty is hysterical. Thankfully, that little gem of a book was due back at our library today! Why am I telling you this, you ask? Well, because my day has been much like the book- not hysterical, but a hot mess!
The day began right around 8am with a bowl of cereal and a sweet hug from my sick little Ava Ryan. Just as I was finishing breakfast, Ava began to cough uncontrollably. So I went over to pat her back and instantly was covered in vomit. Now, I don't normally like the sight or Smell of vomit, but I am especially sensitive to everything right now due to pregnancy. In between her gags, I gagged. After we both got control of our stomachs we rushed to the nearest bathtub to remove "the chunks!" (hey...you knew by the title, this wouldn't be a pleasant post!) Luckily, the worst of my morning sickness comes around 7pm every night, so I was feeling good enough to take care of her. She soon felt better and Tal began to wake up...with a fever! He was rather fussy all morning, refusing to eat, and wanting to be held. Soon, it was time to put him down for a nap and I got to take a much needed shower! After hearing cries, I rushed up stairs to check on my little man. Now pregnancy does some pretty wierd things to me, but most of all to my sense of smell- I swear I could sniff out a Cheeto in a field... I should have known from the smell what I was about to encounter... He was covered in POOP! His diaper was off, poo was everywhere! Under his fingernails, in his ears, on his face, I am telling you EVERYWHERE! So off to the tub he went for a double washing. To be honest, I am not quite sure how I made it through the day without getting sick myself. So now, it is nighttime, the kids are at Granna and Papaws for a visit ( and I am sure a popsicle) and I am trying my best to get this story typed before my pregnancy sickness kicks in too strong...what a day...hopefully, tomorrow will be a little less messy!

4 comments:

Mahan Family said...

I am almost gagging reading this, so I can't imagine being in the middle of not one, but two direct encounters in one day. While in early pregnancy. You definitely deserved some intervention from the grandparents.

(The good news is it kind of puts the whole "nausea from the computer" thing in perspective - at least no bodily fluids are involved with that one.)

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how many bodily functions we deal with on a very frequent basis. Hang in there!

Becca said...

I can't believe this was your day, I'm so sorry! You deserve an award for dealing with mess like that. I miss you and I miss your kids!

Taylor Anne Vail said...

congrats on the new Magoo bebe!

You have to watch this! Parents of Miss Teen South Carolina

Ava Ryan

Ava Ryan
Reading her book and acting silly!!