I had to take a short sabbatical from the world of blogging to move, visit family for Christmas, and take a short (but much needed) trip to the beach... so we are back now. Matt started his clinical today and seems to really enjoy it. Hopefully, I will be able to find time to catch up on all of the blogging I have to do in the next couple of days. But first, before I forget, I wanted to post Ava Ryan's latest prayer...
While we were spending the night at Mommy-Anne's (my grandmother), in Western Kentucky, I headed to bed not much after I had put Ava and Talmage down in their porta-cribs. Because we were all sharing a room, I snuck in the pitch-black room, and laid super still in the bed as not to disturb my babies. After about 10 minutes of complete silence, and thinking that everyone was asleep, I heard a sweet voice say:
You better watch out,
You better not cry,
You better not pout,
Amen
At that moment, I got what I like to refer to as "the church" giggles. You know the ones! They always happen when it's super quiet and totally inappropriate to burst out laughing. So, I buried my face in my pillow, laughed uncontrollably, and tried to memorize her sweet voice saying a Christmas prayer.
Old McDonald's Farm
12 years ago



6 comments:
You can always count on Ava for the laughs!!! Glad things are calming down for you and I can't wait to hear about your house. Miss you!
haha, that is so great! I started laughing when I read that, I don't know how you contained it yourself! Glad to hear you guys are doing well. Miss you, tell my BFF I said hi (I guess you can tell Matt and Tal hi too!)
She is so funny! She reminds me so much of you. We had the best time with you all the other evening. We have to do this at least once a week if not more. Cooper slept until 11:30 the next day and talked about Ava and Tal all day! Glad to have you all home!
That is awesome! Not such a bad thing to pray for if you think about it! I think any parent could do with less crying and pouting! :)
awwww never a dull moment with little Miss Ava Ryan! Well Jeremy and I have finally joined the blogging world! Hope things are going great in Kentucky!!1
That is too funny! I'm glad things are finally settling down for you. I found your blog through Lindsey. Hope you don't mind me stalking. Was just wondering how you all are and if you'd been to the dollar store recently. Would love to hear from you!
Post a Comment