Yep- I'm still pregnant! I am shocked- and, well, huge! Yesterday I had my 38 week check-up and the doctor said that I had made little progress this week. The baby has moved down to -1 station, but based on my waddle, anyone could tell me that! So now it is just a waiting game. It will happen when I least expect it- the problem is that it is all I can think about. Right now nights are the worst because I just lie awake for hours anticipating contractions that don't come. Luckily Matt was able to go to the appointment yesterday because Ava is a little turkey. She sees a doctor and screams to the top of her lungs in fear! She doesn't even trust the workers at Walmart in the deli section- I guess their coats make them look like doctors and she goes ballistic. She also decided to take a nice stinky poo right before the doctor came into the room to check me. He was ready to get out of that room! I also found out that the hospital where I will deliver requires everyone who has a baby to take parenting classes to learn how to diaper and feed before they sign the release papers. What??!! I change enough diapers with Ava now, the last thing I want to do is go and "talk about it." And...well is it really that hard? There are two sticky tabs, it covers the baby's bottom, how can that take an hour to teach? I don't think I will be able to keep a straight face- kind of like when I take yoga! I'll keep you posted on any new "baby care" techniques that I learn.
Old McDonald's Farm
12 years ago



2 comments:
diaper class sounds like a blast. enjoy that!
Tell that little slow poke to get a move on. I'm tired of twiddling my thumbs in Kentucky waiting for a call from Texas.
Post a Comment