Wednesday, January 23, 2008

No eyelashes and a BIG baby

Because I am using this as a journal, I guess I have to admit to some pretty crazy things that I do so that they can be passed down in our family history! For those of you who are avid readers of my blog, you know that I do some pretty embarrassing things on a weekly basis. This is just one of many embarrassing moments in my life- and, no mom, I will not post a picture! Just last week I was hurriedly getting ready to go out to eat with some friends. So I began to freshen up my makeup. The last step was to curl my eyelashes and apply a coat of mascara. Well...lets just say I never got to the mascara part. My hands must have been sweaty ( and I was in a hurry) and my fingers slipped off of the curler- RIPPING OUT EVERY EYELASH ON MY RIGHT EYE! Let me make this clear- not just a few- EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! So there I stood, long eyelashes on my left eye, bald on my right. What else could I do but cry? So, I called my friend, Becca, for support that Matt wasn't giving me (he just couldn't understand why I was so upset) Men... Anyway we headed to ULTA to buy some much needed "eye hair". A worker actually had the nerve to ask me if I just got nervous and pulled them all out- WHAT do people actually do that sort of thing?? I am not a freak, I just look like one! Needless to say it takes a lot longer to get ready in the morning given the fact that before I can leave the house I have to meticulously place each fake lash so that I don't go out looking like Whoopi! In my fit of rage I actually did consider ripping out my left eyelashes- I guess I am a sucker for symmetry! Luckily they are slowly growing back- so for all of you eyelash curling ladies out there- BE CAREFUL- it can be a dangerous part of your beauty routine!


The second part of this post is the BIG BABY. I just took Talmage for his 2 month check up and found out that he is in the 90th percentile in both height and weight. He is 13lbs 4 oz and 24 inches long. He's my big baby boy! I love to just hold him and stare at his beautiful, long eyelashes!

No comments:

You have to watch this! Parents of Miss Teen South Carolina

Ava Ryan

Ava Ryan
Reading her book and acting silly!!