Okay, so I have been a little lax on blogging lately. Who would have thought 3 little kids would take up so much of my time :) It seems like when I get a free moment to myself I just collapse on the couch with very little energy to even budge my fingers or think about typing...much less downloading pictures of my insanely cute kids! So, after retreating to bed at 9:45 last night, I finally have my wits about me again. For the past couple of nights Matt and I have been watching late night movies and waiting/watching all of the snow fall. By-the-way, Phil (the groundhog) saw his shadow today, and by doing so has promised me 6 more weeks of winter..and if my "meteorlogic instincts" are in tune, I think he's right!
Anyway, from the title of my post, "The Best thing Ever!", you probably think that I am talking about the snow or the groundhog...or going to bed at 9:45 (which is a close second!), but, no, I am actually talking about my favorite new gadget, Angelcare Baby Monitor. I mean this thing is nothing short of amazing. It is about as close to implanting a chip in your baby to keep up with their every move as you can get...which, I would sadly do if possible and, well, humane! It has provided me with many nights of uninterupted sleep, whereas with Ava Ryan and Tal I was up every 30 minutes to make sure they were breathing...come on, you know you do it, too. It seems that I would spend part of my night just making sure that their little chests were rising and falling and the other half worrying...but not with this little baby! I will be honest, I have talked to some people who haven't heard great things about this monitor, ie that it has a lot of "false alarms", but I have not experienced that at all and it gives me peace of mind. While it did take Matt and me THREE trips to Lowe's to finally get the plywood cut to the correct dimensions (for under the mattress) and about 72 hours to read the manual, I think we have it all figured out. In fact, I am thinking of giving a seminar on it, I know this product so well!! I love that it has so many options, will detect any lack of movement (breathing) and will even vibrate and sound a buzzer to wake the little one from their deep sleep. It also constantly displays the nursery temperature and you can even set a high/low temperature with an alarm if the room gets too cold or warm. I really love this feature because we are in a new house and I wasn't really sure of how well our nursery heated/cooled itself. Another fabulous thing about this little gadget is that it reminds me to use birth control. Did your eyes just pop out of your head? Seriously, the little clear ring on the top of it is like my Nuva Ring's twin, and just a daily reminder to me! Nuva Ring is so fabulous it deserves it's very own PG-13 rated post...so I'll spare you for now! Anyway, I am sure that 50 years down the road when my kids read this printed post, this monitor will look like the "old school" computers do to us...insanely huge and abnoxious...but
Old McDonald's Farm
12 years ago





1 comment:
SUCH a fan of Angel Care! Blake's cousin let us use their's and I loved it. It didn't have all the cool stuff yours does...like the temp and vibration. But it did alarm VERY loudly if movement wasn't detected! We only had a few false alarms when Crosby got into the corner of the bed. The only other times it went off were related to the fact that we did not turn the monitor off when we picked him up! As far as the Nuva Ring...no experience. I am just trying to figure out Mirena...
Post a Comment