Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Busy January in Review

I am not sure where January went! One day seems to run right into the next and I am falling way behind on blogging, hence the entire month post! The good news is that I am caught up on paying bills and laundry...the two things I put off until the very last minute. With all three kidlings down for naps AT THE SAME TIME, I actually have a moment to breath and blog. So here is my attempt at remember 31 days worth of craziness!

The cleanest teeth on the planet!
Ava and Tal have a favorite new past time...it's called brushing their teeth, washing their hands, and making a massive mess! I am thinking that Ava Ryan might be a little OCD as she worries about getting cavities and getting germs on her hands that could make her sick! Tal is quickly following suit, as he copies her every move!
"Hey, Mom, just washing up!"First trip to the Salon
Sadly, I have never taken Ava and Tal to a professional for a haircut...I usually just yank out the old kitchen scissors and go to town...hey, that is what my mom did! However, Tal's new, longer, surfer do was screaming for some professional attention so we headed to see Sarah. Tal didn't scream like I thought he might, but he was not a happy camper!
Ava, on the other hand, might just break the bank with future salon visits. She loved getting a trim and with her hair being so curly, I wasn't even sure where to begin.
Tal's Totally Terrible Temper Tantrums
Yep, he's two...it is official...the tantrums have begun! I am not even sure what he was upset about on this particular day, but he typically drops to the floor like a sack of potatoes and looks pitiful. My little Tal is growing up and wants to do things "all by himself" now. For the past month we have been working hard on learning colors and counting and I am proud to say that he FINALLY got it...sheesh, I was a little worried that he was colorblind! I am trying to remind myself that this stage will pass soon...
The Three Muskateers!
I couldn't help but post this picture. The kids were all lying in bed with Ava, but poor, poor, Berkeley! Her expression says it all!
Nemo on Ice
Nemo on Ice was an amazing show and we had amazing seats! The kids' eyes were glued on the show the entire time. Tal really suprised me by screaming during the scary parts! He kept yelling "Elmo"...unfortunately, we were at Nemo!
Ava Ryan, Granna, and Berkeley
Daddy and Tal
All smiles, all the time!
Playdate Time
We had a fun playdate with our friends Gabe, Charlie, Audrey, Blair, and Drew one morning before getting snowed in. It was so nice to get out of the house and catch up with some old girlfriends.
Tal couldn't get enough of Sara's cookies!! I think he had 8 or 9!!
Tal and Blair playing with the freakishly real-looking cat- that thing still haunts my dreams!
Big January Snow
After returning from our playdate, we hunkered down and waited for the much anticipated snow! After clearing off all of the shelves at the grocery store, we were well prepared to stay inside for at least a week...good thing, too! One of my friends posed a very interesting question when I said that I was going to the store to "stock up". He said, 'why is it that when there is a threat of snow everyone runs out to the grocery to get all of the ingredients for french toast'...never thought of it, but very true...eggs, milk, and bread!


Berkeley didn't get to play in the snow, but was perfectly happy hanging out on her playmat!

We, of course, made snow cream...enough to feed an entire Army! The kids were sufficiently sugared up after that yummy snack!
Nothing beats jumping on a snow-covered trampoline!
...so, there you have it, little bits and pieces of our January!

1 comment:

Mahan Family said...

Erin, I LOVE that picture of Tal, Ava, Gabe, and Charlie. It's also funny because it looks like a meeting between Matt, you, Barry, and (a male) Lauren that happened about 27 years ago!! We'll have to get together again soon (we are all sick in our house, so we're trying not to share the germs).

You have to watch this! Parents of Miss Teen South Carolina

Ava Ryan

Ava Ryan
Reading her book and acting silly!!