Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Rants and Raves!!

I must admit that at times it gets utterly exhausting reading others blogs when they are being completely and totally negative all of the time...however, it is important to remember that each of us deal with our own battles, in our way, at our own time, so often the negativity is therapeutic for the writer. I have been perusing through a few blogs lately that just make me want to sob. Why is it that we, as women, are so totally honest concerning our feelings? I love reading the blogs of friends ( and those lucky ones who are "stalked" by me) but it also makes me feel more "human" to read about others grief. Sometimes we feel all alone in our journey in life, but just click on the 'ol internet and you are sure to find a support group! I recently have been following a family dealing with a very scary diagnosis of their infant daughter. As I read the words of the mother, I myself, am brought to tears. I may not have ever experienced the exact same thing as she is, but I understand grief and anger concerning our children. I love the fact that we as women can be so brutally honest about our feelings. No one's life is perfect, no one's children are perfect, and come on, we all know everyone's house isn't clean ALL OF THE TIME (regardless of how the pictures on the blog look!) With complete and total honesty in mind, I decided that it would be a good time to write a rants and raves post to document the fact that life isn't perfect, people aren't perfect, and, well, I just wanted to write a post that my children could read years down the road to see what their mother loved and what made her crazy in the year 2010! I encourage each of you to rave and rant in your blogs to show us that you are human, things aren't exactly perfect...and, guess what, it's okay!
Rant: why does everyone feel it is necessary that as soon as your child turns 2 to ask you if he/she is potty trained...please don't ask me this...the answer is NO! (and unfortunately, it may still be No on his/her 3rd birthday) If you are so concerned with when my kids get potty trained, be my guest to come on over and oversee the process...otherwise...
Rave: after having my third child, my eyelashed magically changed from full, long, and lush to short, stubby, and ugly! I thought of using Latisse, but was concerned about the cost and the browning of the eye. So, I decided to embark on my own little journey testing different over the counter eyelash stimulators and have been pleasantly surprised! Li Lash was the first (and last) product I tried because the results were so amazing! I didn't really see results for the first couple of weeks, but once I did see them...WOW! I would recommend this product to anyone who is lash-challenged...rave, rave, rave!
Rant: This rant comes from viewing a recent episode of the Bachelor in which Ali's job (supposedly) asked her to choose between her job and staying on the show in hopes of finding her future husband. Okay, honey, really, did you not know when you signed up for this that there was a small chance you might have to miss a little bit of work? Seriously? Here is what future candidates need to tell their bosses: I am on this reality show that lasts X amount of time...I might be home early...or I might not... All I know is that I wouldn't make it to the top four and then jump ship because I had failed to tell my boss of my possible extended absence...things that make you go hmmmm?
Rave: Many of you have heard this from me before, but I can't say enough about my Shark Steam Mop! It is the best cleaning tool I have ever owned and makes mopping a breeze, so much that I mop on a daily basis! Now that I upgraded to the new and improved Shark Steam Mop, I am zipping through mopping like nobody's business...and actually don't mind doing it!! Go Steam Mop, it's your birthday...
Rave: My new Angel Care Monitor is my new very best friend! I can't say enough about this monitor...I love it so much that it actually got its very own post earlier this week, so instead of boring you with the details, just know...it is FABULOUS with 3 snaps in a Z formation!
Rant: radio stations that allow cuss words to be played during songs! I am a lover of country of music, so my radio is typically tuned to a country station. Recently, I have noticed a few different songs that have a few words that I might not want my kids repeating...too late! One of my favorite songs has the lyrics, "toes in the water, a** in the sand" and it ISN'T bleeped out, (yet the word "gay" is in one of Taylor Swift's songs.) Anyway, Tal and Ava are now saying the word a** on occasion. It just really irritates me that a station would be allowed to play songs with words that are inappropriate for children, especially children Ava and Tal's age, who repeat EVERYTHING!
Rave: Sally Hansen hit the nail on the head when she started her line called Color Quick! Quick is the operative word here! This is a beautiful line of nail polishes that is fast drying and absolutely full coverage on the nail! I can paint Ava Ryan's nails and toenails and she only has to wait about 2 minutes before she is ready to play again! Oh, and did I mention all of the colors are CHROME! Doesn't get much prettier than that!
I have LOTS more rants and raves... so this might just become a regular post! Now...I am at least a month behind on blogging and bills, so bills first, then marathon blog catch-up!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Thank you for the rant about potty-training! It drives me crazy too. Yes my son is 2 1/2, and yes he still wears a diaper. With a baby in my arms most of the day and Kyson not even remotely interested in sitting on a potty, I'm just not pushing it right now. You've done this before though so you know what to expect, and it makes me feel better that I don't have the only 'late potty-trainer' (who decides who's on time and who's late anyway!?).
P.S. He did put his poops in the potty yesterday!

You have to watch this! Parents of Miss Teen South Carolina

Ava Ryan

Ava Ryan
Reading her book and acting silly!!