Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Daddy is getting all the credit!!

Once we filled up Ava Ryan's sticker chart, which was used to keep her in her bed at night, we had to come up with another plan because I was still on bedrest and unable to be up putting her back in her bed continuously throughout the night. The idea was that if she stayed in her bed Daddy would send her a treat from TX that would magically appear in the mailbox after her afternoon nap the very next day. Daddy (aka Granna) started by putting nerd ropes ( one of Ava's all-time favs) in the mailbox...until we started noticing a lot of temper tantrums and behavior that she had never exhibited before. I decided that the culprit was that darn red dye 40! After researching relentlessly, I found an entire community of mothers out there that truly believe that red dye 40 (which is used in a lot of things, especially candy) contributed to behavior problems. Now I am all about science experiments and decided that this should be my next one. I took Ava Ryan totally off of the dye and noticed an instant change...so no more nerd ropes... or at least not for awhile! Lately she has been getting popcorn, because, lets face it, who doesn't need a little less sugar and a little more fiber in their diet??!

The man getting all of the credit!"Let's go see if Daddy sent me a treat for staying in my bed!!""He did!"
(this was pre- no red dye 40/sugar, hence, the air head)"I can't wait to stay in my bed tonight!"

No comments:

You have to watch this! Parents of Miss Teen South Carolina

Ava Ryan

Ava Ryan
Reading her book and acting silly!!