Monday, August 3, 2009

I think I am being punk'd!

I had my 38.2 week appointment this morning after an entire week worth of contractions, some painful, some not. After waiting, wrapped in a paper sheet, for over an hour, the doctor came in to check my cervix...STILL NO CHANGE! I have been dilated to a 1 for over 6 weeks now! With Ava and Tal I was already at a 4 by this appointment! I am frustrated, but mainly because he informed me that he was going on vacation next week, so he couldn't induce (like he promised) until 2 days after my due date! I cannot believe I am still pregnant and I guess I had it in my mind that I would be induced this Friday. Now I have to wait another 14 days! Ughhh! Maybe I will just go into labor on my own soon. Word to the wise...don't plan on being 38 weeks pregnant in AUGUST! With every other pregnancy I have been lucky enough to avoid any stretch marks and if she doesn't make an appearance soon I might just be in some trouble! The good news, Matt will be home on Friday (for good!) and now I have a little more time to come up with a name!

3 comments:

The McCauley's said...

Well I'm glad she is still in the oven for her daddy! I know you are probably so hot! I was pregnant mostly in the winter like you with Ava! But it will be well worth the wait. If this baby doesn't have a name soon I think I am just going to name her myself! Do you not have a list or anything to narrow it down? Or do you have plans for a vacation at the BRMC for a little while longer (remember you can't leave the hospital until she has a name) Good luck and we have to get together maybe this weekend! Or maybe we will just see you at the hospital!

Brian Owens said...

She must be a Daddy's girl already--just waiting for him to get back. I will hope for Friday night/Saturday for you! :) I do feel for you--summer is no time to be pregnant! What we do for these little people! ;)

asiaelizabeth said...

I'm with everyone else and am glad she is waiting on her Daddy! I know how you feel though after 4 months of bedrest with Gideon and then nothing I was very frustrated! Just think you'll get a nice cute chubby baby this way. I cant wait to see pictures! You have such beautiful babies.

You have to watch this! Parents of Miss Teen South Carolina

Ava Ryan

Ava Ryan
Reading her book and acting silly!!