Sunday, July 19, 2009

Last Day

Today is officially the last day that I am required to be on bed rest. Tomorrow my cerclage comes out and I am back on my feet again. The contractions have definitely picked up, so I am interested to see how I do off of the Procardia, which I will also stop taking tomorrow. The doctor told me not to expect to go into labor right after the stitch is removed (it took 2 weeks with Ava and 3 1/2 with Tal) because it causes cervical scarring, keeping the cervix from dialating as quickly. My hope is that I am able to carry until 37 weeks, but am thrilled to have made it to 36 and 1! I feel pretty confident that baby girl (no, she still doesn't have a name!) is around 6 pounds, so any extra time in the "oven" will be good for plumping her up. Other than getting my cerclage removed tomorrow- how can I need a spinal to get it placed and not so much as a Tylenol for removal??- my other fear is who will be around when I go into labor? Will my water break in an elevator full of people like it did with Ava, or will I go the more traditional route of timing contractions like I did with Tal? Will Matt make it home in time, or will some other "very lucky person" get to see me in all of my glory? All of these questions consume my thoughts. So tomorrow after my stitch removal, to keep myself busy, I plan on working on the nursery, taking Ava to a movie, and getting my hair done. Now for the name...???????

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I will be thinking of you and hope you get that nursery all ready and get Matt home before baby girl arrives. Glad you made it this far though--phew! Can't wait to see her and know that everything went well. Jen Owens--still on my mom's computer

The McCauley's said...

Erin I'm so glad that you made it! I'm sure it was hard. Now you enjoy those babies and we will just wait to meet baby girl real soon. If you need me call me. We need a name!

You have to watch this! Parents of Miss Teen South Carolina

Ava Ryan

Ava Ryan
Reading her book and acting silly!!