Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Un-stitched

That's right, folks! Baby Girl is no longer "sewn" in. She has gotten the go-ahead for launch whenever she is ready! I am so glad to be vertical once again, even though I can't stay on my feet for very long- that must have something to do with the 40 pounds I have gained! I am quickly outgrowing all of my maternity clothes, but by my calculations if she doesn't come in the next 3 weeks I will be induced. Funny how the last few weeks of pregnancy drag on and on. I am just ready to meet this little surprise!
I must admit I was pretty impressed with my doctor during the cerclage removal. My screams and moans didn't seem to phase him, he just asked that I say the actual word "stop" if it got to be too much to handle. I only asked him to stop 3 times, just so I could get "back on top" of the pain. All in all it only took about 10 minutes- much better than the 35 minutes it took last time. Now there isn't too many things that rival labor pain, but this one is a VERY CLOSE SECOND! My mom fanned me to keep me from passing out and I just chilled out in the stirrups after it was over because I was having a few contractions. My doctor threw the "stitch" away before I got a chance to really closely examine it- hey, I wanted to see the thing that had been such a part of me for so long! After the nurse and doctor left, I gloved up and got it out of the garbage for a closer look. It was a very thick string, much like a round shoe lace- no wonder it hurt so bad coming out! Once I got some color back to my face, we headed home. Grandma took the kids so that I could take some Tylenol and lie down for a little while. Soon, I was up and ready to take the kids to the movies. Kacey and I took Ava and Tal to see Ice Age and we almost made it all of the way through before they got restless. The thing that melted my heart the most was when Ava looked over at me and said, "I love you, Mommy." I am pretty sure that I was the only person in the theater tearing up! Next, we went shopping at this cute little specialty store, got ice from Sonic, and bought some flowers at Lowe's. I had a hair appointment at 6:00 so Kacey stayed with the kids and helped put them to bed. So today I am a new woman- I am vertical, blonde, and un-stitched!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

That sounds horrific!!! Maybe as bad as having an IUD inserted!! You sound like me...as soon as I was able to get up, I was all over the place!!! Well, for 2 days anyway seeing how he came pretty quickly. THe power of bed rest is pretty amazing!!
Can't wait to see that she is here!!

Emily Barton said...

Way to hang in there Erin! Just don't go mall walking and maybe she'll stay even longer.

The McCauley's said...

That does sound horrific!! And the garbage diving, that would be me too! I'm glad you are doing better. We can't wait to meet her!

You have to watch this! Parents of Miss Teen South Carolina

Ava Ryan

Ava Ryan
Reading her book and acting silly!!