Talmage recently had his 2-year well-child check, which also, unfortunately, ended with two shots, a finger prick, and one very ticked off two year old! Now, Tal is my child that gets his feelings hurt very easily and will cry with his eyes closed, peek to make sure you are still looking, then cry louder. He did this the entire check-up! We did, however, manage to get his weight and height, which for both was in the 90th percentile. He was measured by the nurse at 36 1/2 inches, but after re-measuring a few times, I kept getting 37 1/2, so we'll call it 37! Why, you ask, is this particular measurement of such importance to me? Well, according to some studies, the adult height of a child can be determined by the height at 2 years. For boys, you are supposedly supposed to double the height and add an inch, for girls, just double it. I am not sure if this is accurate, but I plan on finding out in about 20 years!! So, if I go with the happy medium of 37 inches, Tal should end up around 75 inches, which, if I am calculating correctly ends up a little more than 6'2". Do I buy it? Nope, but we will see! Anyway, he weighed 32 lbs and had an average sized head. The funny thing about his stats is that he, at age 2, is 3 inches taller and 6 lbs heavier than Ava was at 2! I don't have any sad band aid pictures because it took all of my strength to carry him out of the doctor's office...getting out my camera for the picture was the last thing on my mind!!
Every morning, while Ava is at school, Tal sits at the island and eats breakfast and watches Handy Manny. On this day he got a little more comfortable and propped up his feet. Can you say, Future Boss!




No comments:
Post a Comment