Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Couch to 5k running... and back to couch!

It's time for me to get into shape! Matt and I have been real slackers in that department lately mainly because he is gone from 8:40-6:30 everyday. By the time he gets home, we have to cook,eat, clean and start getting everyone ready for bed. So we have a goal to start back lifting weights next week. I got kicked into gear after seeing all of the skinny, perfectly toned mannequins in all of the store windows sporting itty-bitty bathing suits. I guess I can't swim in a sweat suit, so I'll have to start getting prepared for swim season! Heather told me about this online program called The Couch-to-5k Running Program. So starting Monday, I plan on trying it. It is only 3 days a week for a very short amount of time- but apparently it works. Even though I have lost all of the baby weight, I still feel like I am looking in a "fun house" mirror as things have, well how do I say this nicely, shifted. I'll keep you posted on my progress and let you know of any upcoming marathons I sign up for- but don't hold your breath!

1 comment:

The McCauley's said...

I know what you are saying. I have been exercising myself running, walking all that good stuff. I hope by summer I will look better than I do now. I'm sure you look great! Is this thing online for everyone to try. I will try this and pray that it works!

You have to watch this! Parents of Miss Teen South Carolina

Ava Ryan

Ava Ryan
Reading her book and acting silly!!