Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Soy Boy

After a few e-mails and phone calls showing concern for Tal, I totally forgot that I left you hanging as to his condition, fever, and the milk test. The good news is that he is feeling much better and that he is drinking his milk like a champ. The bad news is that he is pretty finicky as to how I prepare his new-found concoction and prefers it at "just the right temperature." I am guessing that temp is 98.6 degrees. I first realized this when he wouldn't take it cold right out of the fridge- can you say major brain freeze. So, I began warming it in the microwave- but because I am such a freak about putting anything plastic in the 'ol "radiation machine", I have to first pour the milk into a "microwave- approved glass cup", set the timer so that it reaches just the right temp (???), and then pour it into the bottle. But... the fun doesn't stop there! You see my little soy boy doesn't much like the taste of dairy, so I have to trick him into drinking it by putting a little soy formula in with the milk... the problem with that... double the calories for every meal! Based on his last doctor's appointment, weighing in at a hefty 24 lbs, it might not be the best idea to load him up with calories. After his milk test is finished, if he passes, I will slowly wean him from his super-fattening bottles full of whole milk/soy to just milk. We will recieve our results on Monday... I am very anxious, but optimistic, as he hasn't shown any signs of trouble from the milk. Only the bloodwork will tell...

Like Father, like son... my boys prefer the backwards hat look (don't look in the background (oh shoot, that probably made you look:) I am trying to choose paint colors for our new house and this is my usual method!)Ava Ryan- having sympathy sickness for her baby brother
Back in the saddle! Tal is finally feeling better and back to jumpin' on the bed. Notice how bare their room has gotten- reminds me everyday that we are about to leave Texas.

No comments:

You have to watch this! Parents of Miss Teen South Carolina

Ava Ryan

Ava Ryan
Reading her book and acting silly!!