Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Four days and counting...

Hear ye, Hear ye, Princess Ava is finally going pee pee! I have put off this post for fear that I would jinx the whole process, but we are at four days of peeing in the potty AND COUNTING! The funny thing... I didn't even train her- one day she woke up and decided to start using the potty. I haven't asked her if she needs to go the bathroom or anything! She comes and tells me! I think that new bag of jelly beans might have something to do with it! Now, we just have to work on #2. She tells me that going poo in the potty is "Scary, scary", but like a good little girl, she brings me a clean pull-up when she does it in her pants, because as she says, "I no like stinky poo poo panties!"

2 comments:

Mahan Family said...

Congratulations on having less diapers to change. You are very wise to be "cautiously optimistic" as far as actually admitting this - Gabe just turned 4 and we are still not telling people he's using the potty!! For Ava to be even interested, much less trying, and under 3 years old is a great accomplishment in my book.

Your comments always make me laugh! I wish I could train little Gilly to do dishes, but I think those skills are limited since he is apparently part fish and, per his care manual, cannot leave the water. Good thinking, though!

The McCauley's said...

Congratulations little Ava. You are a Big Girl. We are still in the process.

You have to watch this! Parents of Miss Teen South Carolina

Ava Ryan

Ava Ryan
Reading her book and acting silly!!