Happy Birthday, Talmage Cade!
11/20/07
8lbs, 20 inches
Happy First Birthday, sweet Baby Talmage! I can't believe you have been with us for an entire year. I spent most of my pregnancy worried that you would enter the world too soon, but to my surprise, you baked until almost your due date! Your continuous movement and hiccups were such welcome feelings, even at 2 am!! I had no idea that soon after a warm shower to ease my pregnancy back pain and an ENTIRE chocolate molten cake you would decide it was time to join in on the fun! Your delivery was fairly easy, and I waited in anticipation to hear if you were a girl or a boy. When the doctor yelled, "It's a BOY," your Daddy bawled. I have been in awe of you since you born, my big baby boy, who, according to my doctor would be less than 6 lbs!! While the first few weeks of your life were very scary for Mommy and Daddy, after your diagnosis of galactosemia, you have pulled through like a champ. We are constantly in awe of your adorable, loving personality and toothy grin. We very rarely hear you cry, unless you are hungry, and you have loved being held since the day you were born. It seems that you have never met a stranger and love to follow your big sister around. You get tickled each time she does or says anything and you smile a big, cheesy grin each time she enters the room. It is obvious that you look up to her and see her as your very best friend. I have loved watching your friendship and love for one another grow on a daily basis. You try your best to keep up with her crazy antics, and unfortunately, you aren't far behind. It warms my heart to hear you say "Mama" with your sweet little voice and I don't even mind picking things up for you over and over just so you can throw them again and exclaim, "Uh Oh!" You are truly a joy to Daddy and me. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect first-born son. You make me smile and laugh on a daily basis and my heart warms just seeing your sleepy little face every morning. I cannot believe how fast this past year has gone, it seems like just yesterday you were getting baths in the kitchen sink and tummy time. Thank you for the miracle that you are and I look forward to watching you grow and develop into the little boy you are meant to be. We love you!!You have always been so photogenic!!










2 comments:
Happy birthday! I know I do not actually know you, Tal, but I remember when you were born from the blog, and it does not seem like a year ago. I'm sure it definitely seems that way to your parents. Enjoy your cake and get lots of presents!
I absolutely love that smile - I had no idea he already had so many teeth!
I cannot believe he is 1 already....WOW! What a cutie.
I LOVED that Christmas card pictures yall sent last year...so true!
Post a Comment