Thursday, March 20, 2008

4-month shots/ 23 months

4 months & 23 months!




Today I took Talmage to his 4 month well-baby check and found out that he is one big boy! He is in the 95% for height ( he definitely got that from Daddy), 90% for weight, and, get this, 25% for head circumference. The doctor didn't seem too worried about such a big baby, or such a small head! Dr. Young advised me to give him rice cereal and veggies because he has such a big appetite. However, because of the galactosemia, he told me until we see the specialist again (just to be on the safe side) that I should make my own baby food. So anyone out there who can offer advise- please do so! I plan to start with the orange and yellow veggies, followed by green. This should be interesting! Below are some pictures of our funfilled trip to the doc-( you can't see me in the pics because I am the one behind the camera bribing Ava with candy, about to cry and pull my hair out!)


Ava eating her sucker- I told her she could have one if she would sit down. Trust me, this didn't last long!

Tal before the dreaded shots- his head doesn't look that small to me!

Home at last! Look at my cool band aids! Oh yeah, and Go UK! (even though they lost in the first round today)

2 comments:

Taylor Anne Vail said...

I have a few recipies if that is what your looking for. I found that the cusine art food processor worked great for baby food. So I would just throw in whatever veggies we were having with our dinner in there and in two minuets it was done! That way I wasn't constantly making two meals.
By the way to answer your question I am due in May. However I usually go a few weeks early and have already started pre-term labor, so we shall see. I hope he stays in there and bakes until his due date!

Andrea G. said...

Wow! Jonas is the opposite... he's on the small side but has a big head! He gets that from Paul, I'm sure. Ha,ha. We love the pictures. Paul especially liked the one of Tal in the UK onesie. Perhaps it's fitting that he was "wounded" with his shot band-aids since UK probably isn't feeling too great right now either. Oh Well.

You have to watch this! Parents of Miss Teen South Carolina

Ava Ryan

Ava Ryan
Reading her book and acting silly!!