Sunday, March 16, 2008

Our Trip to Arizona

Matt and I decided it was time to get out of Texas for awhile, so we headed to Arizona to visit his brother's family. As we were driving down I-40 it occurred to me that Ava (not yet 2 years old), has almost traveled the entire stretch of this road from East to West!! Below is a picture diary of our adventures!

From the moment Ava got in her carseat she thought that we were going to Chucky Cheese. I didn't have the heart to tell her otherwise!!

Some of Matt's classmates followed us to Albuquerque NM to eat- they were on their way to Santa Fe

Never been here before!!--it's very flat!

Let me just go ahead and say that stopping in a hotel was a BAD idea! Matt and I thought that Ava would be thrilled to sleep in this king sized bed with Mommy and Daddy- lets just say-not so much! Tal went down very easily, but Miss Ava Ryan was a different story! By 3am, Matt and I borrowed a baby bed from the hotel. First we tried to put Ava next to our bed in her own bed- but she refused to sleep! So she spent the night in the bathroom- in her bed, of course, and went right to sleep.

Getting ready to leave the hotel...day two

Mountains in Flagstaff

Stopping to feed Tal... so we had a photoshoot at the gas station
We made it- Ava with Aunt Becca

I found Ava cuddled up in Haleigh's bed



Why is this black thing following me EVERYWHERE?

All week Ava wanted to go see the "horsies." Well they are actually goats, but she loved them just the same.


Talmage, Caleb, Ava, Haleigh, Nilla, Zach, & Cameron

Enjoying the weather- playing at the park







Ava soaked herself in "Coke" (she thinks any drink with ice is coke)- so we just took off her shirt and kept playing- is this indecent exposure?

Ballet Time!! Ava got to attend her first ever ballet class. The class lasted for 45 minutes, Ava lasted for 40- not too bad if you ask me! I think she is a natural!




...as you can see the tutu didn't last the entire time!

My big boy


Playing with a friend

Trying on jewelry in Forever 21

We visited the Huffaker's while we were in Gilbert




Playing ball with the boys



Yummy- brownies!


Ava with Cameron

Haleigh & Talmage

Zach, Tal, and Cam

Jumping on the trampoline


Playing dress up



yep, she has on eyeshadow!

Heading home to Texas

6 comments:

The McCauley's said...

I'm glad you all had a great trip. Now the kiddos look like you I think. In those pictures they are both you! They are so cute!

The Duchess said...

HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY ERIN!!!

Taylor Anne Vail said...

wow! Your a pretty traveler! I look homeless in my travel pants and no make-up :) Glad you had a such a great trip. However, we were a little sad when we saw you were about 5 minuets from where we use to live. Adam said, We have lived there 8 years and NOW they choose to visit, right when we move..:) My sister lives in TX hopefully we can meet up on our next trip down there!

Mahan Family said...

You guys are brave - road trip with 2 small kids.

Lauren said...

Oh my goodness....Ava could not look more like you...it's wild.
Happy Birthday!

Karen said...

watch out Ms. Gail. Here comes trouble!

You have to watch this! Parents of Miss Teen South Carolina

Ava Ryan

Ava Ryan
Reading her book and acting silly!!