I may be finished with school, but I still learn new things everyday! Here is a list of my most recent "Learnin's":
1)Parents Choice Wipes are horrible: Let me explain, I change more diapers a day than I care to discuss, and I would like to think that I have gotten pretty efficient with all of my practicing. Matt and I decided that we would take a break from our Pamper's wipes, save a little money, and buy the Parents Choice wipes from Walmart. Now it takes me twice as long to change diapers, especially the stinky ones, because the wipes don't pull out one after another. These wipes are each "individual" so after each wipe I have to take a moment to find the beginning of the next wipe (kind of like finding the beginning of the tape when wrapping Christmas presents), and this few extra seconds allows little legs to wiggle, hands to grab, and the entire contents of the diaper to smear everywhere. This sounds so minuscule in relation to everything else going wrong in the world, but geez, I didn't realize that producing great baby products was rocket science! I think I'll pay the few extra dollars next month and regain my sanity!
2)Don't get your kids excited about a blow up ball pit if you don't have a pump: I made this mistake this week, too. You see last year Grandma bought Ava Ryan an inflatable ball pit that she loved. As our apartment got more and more crowded with baby stuff, I packed it away. Yesterday, I got the great idea that Ava and Talmage might have a great time in the pit, so I got it out. Ava was smiling ear to ear. I told her that mommy would have to blow it up and then she and Tal could play with it. Fast forward to almost THREE hours later- the stupid thing still isn't completely blown up, Ava is throwing a fit, my mouth is tingling from the constant mouth-to-mouth, and I am getting very light-headed and a little blue in the face. Remind me when I pick up my Pampers wipes to pick up a pump!
3)Building a house 18 hours away is difficult: Well, difficult for a perfectionist who wants to make sure everything is done "just so." Luckily, my mom taught me all of these qualities and has a good handle on the build.
4)I love What Happens in Vegas: This movie gets more and more hilarious every time I watch it. Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher are a riot! I love the opening song and have downloaded it to itunes so that I can clean to the groovy tunes. For any of you interested the song is: Grace Kelly by MICA
5) Joy, on The View, irritates me: I try and catch The View in the mornings as Ava is eating breakfast so that I can catch up on my news- they put such a fun twist on all of the boring news stories! But, Joy takes it to a whole new level. She is just downright mean to Elisabeth, the conservative Republican. If any of you watch the show, you know what I mean. Her inability to understand anyone else's view is disturbing, especially given that the entire show is centered around "views!"
6)Last Word is a great game: Matt and I recently hosted another game night and took the opportunity to try out a few new games: Partini, Last Word, and an oldie-but-goody, Taboo. Last Word was hilarious. Now, I am all about word games, so this was right up my alley. If you like fast-paced, hilarious word games, try this one out!
7) Dishwashers can smoke: Don't let the water fool you, dishwashers can catch on fire! I began to smell something burning, so I grabbed the kids, crouched in the corner, and held them while we watched smoke roll out of the sides and top of the dishwasher. Luckily, Matt was on his way home, so he got the privilege of finding the culprit. It turns out that a plastic kid cup fell onto one of the heating coils and caused all of the smoke. Boy, am I glad I didn't call the fire department!
Old McDonald's Farm
12 years ago



3 comments:
Too funny! I love the new background!
Yikes! You've had quite a bit of excitement with all that 'learnin.' paul and I used to try to get cheap brands from Walmart for diapers and wipes... but the wipes tear and don't clean and the diapers leak! We started getting diaper supplies at Costco, and found that buying them in bulk is a difference of a few cents to get Huggies instead of generics that make us miserable! Are you moved back yet? We want to see you!!
Your stories are so funnny, and I know they are true because no one could make them up!!
I totally agree with you about the wipes...the consequences of cumbersome wipes far outweigh the extra $2.00 for buying good ones.
Post a Comment