Tuesday, June 2, 2009

$25 for a hat and shirt

I signed Ava Ryan up for wee ball this year, well, mainly to get some cute pictures, the shirt, and hat , but also to help the summer pass a little faster while Matt was away. So far we have had 4 games, one of which we didn't stay for. Our absence happened the same Saturday as team pictures. After Ava flat refused to get her picture taken, I flat refused to stay. I must admit that I felt a little bad for her, as she had just been diagnosed the day before with an ear infection and she was hot and cranky...but, hey, so was I! Her excuse, once we got in the car, was, "I'm a little bit shy." So what have I learned from this whole wee ball experience? Well, a couple of things come to mind:
1) Ava might be more equipped to play an individual sport, rather than a team sport
2) running the bases/standing out in the hot sun 7 months pregnant is miserable!
3) baseball caps don't fit well over pigtails and bows

Pre-game meltdown...she wanted to wear this jacket in 85 degree weather!
This picture pretty much sums up Ava's love for the game


Hitting the ball

Now...RUN!
Here is Ava running the bases just a little while after peeing her pants on the pitcher's mound...hence, the untucked shirt
Okay, now try and catch the ball
but first, you have to get up!

Other fun things to do while playing wee ball:
...relax...
...cling onto Daddy's arm...
...scoop up some dirt with Cooper...
... and kick the dirt!
"Um, Mommy, I'm not sure this is my sport!"Getting high-fives from the fans!
Luckily, we begin gymnastics this week. Maybe we will have more luck with tumbling!

2 comments:

asiaelizabeth said...

Those are seriously funny pictures of an unhappy little girl. Gymnastics runs in the blood, should go better for ya!Plus, its indoors!

The McCauley's said...

Who knows best about the team pictures than Chad and I! As you know Cooper didn't participate either. So we have one individual picture but the group oh well. Cooper is very shy and you just never know what goes through those precious heads of theirs. Hopefully gymnastics will work better for you all! I will say it seems to be helping Cooper come out of his shell a little bit. Sooooo Goooo Gatorade!

You have to watch this! Parents of Miss Teen South Carolina

Ava Ryan

Ava Ryan
Reading her book and acting silly!!