Friday, June 19, 2009

Not so "Rest"ful

I am pretty sure that I have already hit my lifetime "cap" on the amount of bed rest one person should endure, given that I have already banked about 20 weeks prior to this round. To the outside world I am sure that the idea of bed rest is fabulous. It seems that this would be the perfect time to get things done...but how much can I really get done lying flat on my back? At least this time I have a laptop because with Ava Ryan I really had no connection to the outside world at all- other than the telephone. Unfortunately, my nursery isn't ready, the new swing isn't put together, bottles aren't washed, and the house hasn't been scrubbed from top to bottom. I am also missing out on valuable time with Ava Ryan and Tal...and did I mention just watching my leg muscles disintegrate right before my very eyes! However, in the scheme of things, I realize just how blessed I am to have the opportunity to be pregnant (bed rest or no bed rest) because a lot of people I know would be grateful for the opportunity to carry a child. That said, I will try not to boo hoo too much, but, man, am I bored! I have never wanted to wash a load of clothes or mop my floors so badly in my life! I guess all of that will just have to wait until after July 20th... the only problem...by that time, I'll be way too tired and out of shape to want to do much of anything. What a vicious circle!

2 comments:

asiaelizabeth said...

We can do this together! I agree it is so hard, so much harder than doing it without kids. I'll be praying that baby Maquet stays in for at least another month! Hang in there. I'm doing the same as you, and wishing I could do more.

The McCauley's said...

Erin I am coming by to sit with you so that you can get a little off your mind. I feel so bad for you. Remember I am praying for you and I love you!

You have to watch this! Parents of Miss Teen South Carolina

Ava Ryan

Ava Ryan
Reading her book and acting silly!!