Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Big Blue Madness

Big Blue Madness was simply ~MAD~ this year! Matt and I got up at the crack of dawn on a Saturday morning hoping to score some online Madness Tickets. They went on sale at 6 am and by 6:01 they were sold out! I got two tickets and with Matt on a different computer at the same time, he barely missed getting another set! Within minutes, tickets were posted on craig's list for crazy amounts of money! So last weekend we headed to Lexington to be introduced to the much anticipated new coach and Wildcat team. On a side note, for those of you who read this blog and don't live in Big Blue Country, let's get one thing straight, you HAVE TO bleed blue to live here! John Calipari (the new coach) is basically king of the land around these parts! It was a super exciting night with a PACKED house! It took us an entire hour to get through down town Lexington and get parked at Rupp. Dozens of people were standing on the side of the road with signs asking for tickets- in the rain!! Even though we were in upper level, the atmosphere was awesome and I don't think we sat for more than 5 minutes! Former Uk players and current NBA players, Montgomery (of Montgomery Gentry) and Drake were all there to cheer on their Kentucky Wildcats...I am pretty sure Ashley Judd was in attendance (as she attends most games) but I couldn't lay my eyes on her! The crowd was crazy, even going so far as to chant the names of next year's top recruits who were in attendance. ( I wonder what those innocent little Highschool players must have thought about the production and the possiblity of being a part of such a "basketball crazy" program!) We had a blast and it was a great start to a much anticipated basketball season! Next stop, Blue and White Game with LOWER ARENA tickets!!...then, who knows, maybe Final Four!!

Rupp, just as the crowds were filing in..All of the National Championship Trophies
our bird's eye view
spotlights, lazers, fireworks...crazy!


No comments:

You have to watch this! Parents of Miss Teen South Carolina

Ava Ryan

Ava Ryan
Reading her book and acting silly!!