"My boy is not going to be a cat...especially a girl one" are the words that I heard when I returned home from Walmart with a pair of cat ears, a bowtie, and a tail for Talmage's Halloween costume. You see Ava is going to be a witch and Berkeley is going to have a coordinating costume, so I figured that Tal would want in on the action...the whole reason I thought he should be a cat (well that and I think this just might be my last year to tell him what he is going to wear). I just figured that witches and black cats go well together...but Matt's not having it! He told me that the ears that I bought were sparkly and sissy-like and Tal WAS NOT going to wear them. So now my kids have some ears to wear around for fun and Tal is going to be Frankenstein- a much less sissy, much more manly costume idea.

I have also started to put out all of our fall decorations and realized that because my front door is so massive none of my old wreaths looked right. So I began my quest to find the perfect wreath. A few frustrating hours later I stopped searching because all I could find on the internet were a bunch of overpriced, skimpy wreaths. (I'm talking like $250 for the size I needed!) So... I headed to Big Lots! I bought a wreath and some "fixin's" to help beef it up a bit. I wish I would have taken a before and after shot, but it never occurred to me that it would turn out so great and CHEAP! So, this little beauty only cost me $16 plus $10 worth of "fixin's" plus some major hot glue and wire! Not bad for $26!!- and one of a kind, to boot!





1 comment:
haha I understand what Matt meant...they are a little sparkly!!! And BEAUTIFUL wreath by the way!
Post a Comment