Matt and I were somewhat surprised to learn that we needed to have a blood test in order to be approved for the life insurance policies we had chosen. However, I guess the biggest surprise was when the lady on the other end of the phone call asked us to meet her at a beauty shop. Now, I thought that was a little strange, but we agreed and headed to the beauty shop. As soon as I arrived at the address I saw the sign: Heavenly Hair...I had to gather my composure in order to go in...it was one of those very strange moments in life. I was wondering, "when I go in do I treat it more like a doctors office and say, "Hi, I have an appointment with the nurse to have my blood drawn" or do I just say "I'm here to give blood", I mean, you can imagine my confusion! Well, we get to this little bitty salon out in the middle of nowhere and literally get our blood taken by the front door while the receptionist/stylist/colorist/owner told us all we could ever want to know about her cat and dog. Luckily there weren't any other clients, I guess Heavenly Hair isn't so Heavenly after all! To complete the process, we were given cups and asked to go and pee in them. So, surrounded by a vast supply of hair products, I tried my best to fill the little cup...talk about anxiety! Then, right before we left we handed the lady our pee and bolted...but not without taking a picture!




No comments:
Post a Comment