...for journaling purposes, I wanted to record some of the things that were happening around our house...
First, Talmage is in a very bad habit of calling me Daddy. At first it was funny, but now I am getting a little concerned about the child! I almost want to cry when I walk into his room each morning to get him out of bed and he yells, "Daddy!"??? I SO don't look like Daddy- I have blonde hair instead of brown, long hair instead of short, he is a whole foot taller than me, and last time I checked I wasn't growing any facial hair! When will the madness end?
Second, after numerous bouts of mastitis, I made the executive decision to stop breast-feeding Berkeley. While I am feeling much better, I still have moments where I just want to hide from the world...for example...the day our landscaper came to the door just as it was about feeding time. Because I was just getting out of bed, I was wearing one of Matt's t-shirts. Now, for anyone who sweats, they know that grey is the absolute worst color for showing sweat, well, just let me assure you that it is also the absolute worst color for showing other liquids (aka, breastmilk!!) So, I joined our landscaper outside to help determine where to place certain plants, talk about time line, and, of course, cost. I noticed that he was looking down occasionally in disbelief and I thought, for a second, that he was just astounded by my double D's. Nope, he was astounted by something far more embarassing...the ever growing circle of "wetness" that was slowly taking over the entire front of my shirt. I was absolutely mortified when I got the first glimpse of this the first time I looked in the mirror. Needless to say...I have hidden from him ever since!!
Old McDonald's Farm
12 years ago



1 comment:
Oh no!!! Leaking boobs are so unpredictable and crazy. Our bodies are no longer ours after these little people come. Hope you can laugh about it now--pretty funny! :)
Post a Comment