Wednesday, November 4, 2009

BOO at the zoo!

The weekend before Halloween, Matt and I took all of the kids to Boo at the Zoo in Knoxville. We figured the more loot (ie candy) we could score, the better. Not to mention the fact that I just can't stand the fact that the kids usually only get to wear their costumes one time...this way we would get more wear out of them. Originally, we had planned to go on Friday night, but because of rain, we had to postpone until Saturday. (note to self: NEVER, EVER, under ANY circumstances go to Boo at the Zoo on a Saturday again- it was PACKED!!) Our trip started off with an in-flight movie, Monsters VS Aliens, a current favorite and sprites for the kids. Just as we were pulling into Knoxville I happened to glance back at our very "occupied" children to find Tal bare-footed and sucking on his sock. After making my way to the back of the "bus", I found that he had removed his socks and shoes, dipped his socks into his sprite, and was sucking on the sock. I also noticed that his hair was standing straight up and finally figured out, once I witnessed it, that he was also rubbing the wet, sticky sprite sock on his head. Not being super familiar with Knoxville, Matt and I couldn't find a store that sold kid's socks, so we ditched the socks and just wore shoes...

My little sock sucker!Soon, we were there! Along with the rest of the free world! It took us almost an hour to get through the line and after that, it was a free-for-all to find the candy! It might sound like fun to some, but I get a little frazzled in huge crowds of costumed people all hyped up on sugar...not to mention the enormous double stroller we were having to maneuver through the sea of people! I am soooo glad that there is an entire year before experiencing Boo at the Zoo again...it just might take me that long to recover!
We actually got the kids to sit still for 2.2 seconds to snap a pic!






No comments:

You have to watch this! Parents of Miss Teen South Carolina

Ava Ryan

Ava Ryan
Reading her book and acting silly!!