Friday, November 27, 2009

Flu Shots and Boots

The other day while I was on my way to pick Ava Ryan up from pre-school (or as she calls it, "pretty school") I just so happened to call the pediatrician to check and see if they had any of the H1N1 vaccines. Ava had already gotten the first round of the mist and was due for her second round, so I thought I would go ahead and get Tal vaccinated, too. I had been unable to vaccinate him before because he wasn't 2, so he couldn't get "misted" and everywhere I called told me that they were out of the shot. However, because Sharon is receiving chemotherapy, she isn't allowed to be around anyone who has been given a "live virus" vaccine within 7 days. Tal's second mist, which is live, would be due during the time Sharon was home for Christmas, resulting in having to keep him away from her...which we really didn't want to do. So...luckily the vaccines were available (which aren't live), so we hurried over before they were gone....unfortunately in my haste to get out of the house to pick up Ava on time, I left with Tal only wearing socks. But it just so happened there was another pair of shoes in the car...AVA'S cowboy boots- pink hearts and all!

So, Tal got to wear the beautiful boots:)
doesn't Tal look dapper in pink stitching?
Ava was actually very excited about getting her flu shot thanks to an episode of Sid the Science Kid!

1 comment:

Jenny Beth said...

Erin, Grant loves Sid the science kid, he watches it every morning:) I thought we were the only family that watched that show. I get that song in my head all the time...."I'm lookin for a friend..I'm lookin for you, where's Gabriella,watch what she can do" . So funny ! Hugs.

You have to watch this! Parents of Miss Teen South Carolina

Ava Ryan

Ava Ryan
Reading her book and acting silly!!