Sunday, June 8, 2008

Not quite working out...

Ava Ryan is one interesting chick! I can already tell that she is a little (well, a lot) hard-headed and has a mind all of her own. Matt and I thought that potty training would be a breeze- I mean we both go potty everyday without any trouble, so how hard could it be to teach a 2 year old? Hard, I tell you. It always seems that Ava follows me into the bathroom, so I use her constant companionship to try and teach her a few things. I explain to her that mommy is going pee pee, I show her the toilet paper, let her flush, and explain why we should always wash our hands. Her response is not that of being impressed with me for knowing so much, but instead she likes to laugh and say, "Mommy go stinky poo poo" or "Yay, Mommy. Candy?" I think that she thinks she is teaching me to go potty! I really have no idea what it feels like anymore to pee in peace!
I think we are going to take the month off, I have decided that she is JUST NOT READY. Her latest way of showing rebellion to going in the potty is to take her diaper off in the living room, pee in the floor, and laugh and say, "That's funny!" NO IT'S NOT! I have spent hours researching and scrubbing the carpet! I have tried everything...candy, toys, jumping around like a crazy person, total consistency... I'm tired- maybe I'll just wait and potty train her and Tal at the same time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. Austin and Ella had accidents on the carpet all weekend. I think we are going to hang it up until they turn 2!

The Duchess said...

Darling Erin, give it time. We tried early with Leonard but struggled. We then waited until he turned three -- literally, until his 3rd birthday, and he was trained in a matter of days after that quite easily.

You have to watch this! Parents of Miss Teen South Carolina

Ava Ryan

Ava Ryan
Reading her book and acting silly!!