Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The "ma'am" club

Okay, this is not funny- when did I become a ma'am? I still look like I am 16, I still get the "oh, look at that knocked up single teenage mother" stare at in the grocery store when I am pregnant- so WHEN did I become a ma'am? It hit me hard tonight while I was in the restroom at a restaurant. This little girl tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Ma'am, there is poop over there." Okay, wait a minute, when did I become a ma'am AND the scooper of human poop in a public bathroom? To be honest, it didn't bother me as bad that she thought I was the RESTROOM ATTENDANT as it did that she thought I was OLD! It's funny, we spend our entire teenage years trying to look older and our entire adult years trying to look younger. I have officially joined the MA'AM club

1 comment:

Mahan Family said...

Erin, I too am a member of the "knocked-up teenage mother"-group, but it doesn't bother me quite as much as it used to now that I will be THIRTY next year. (Are we really that old?). Enjoy it!!

You have to watch this! Parents of Miss Teen South Carolina

Ava Ryan

Ava Ryan
Reading her book and acting silly!!