Yesterday was a very interesting Valentines Day! Matt and I were separated--don't freak out-- I don't mean in the legal sense of the word, just physically! Ava came down with something a few days ago, and after taking her to the doctor, I was instructed that until the RSV test came back negative, that I should keep her away from Talmage. So our journey to keep them apart began. We totally forgot that in order to keep Ava and Tal apart, Matt and I would also have to be apart. Living in a two bedroom apartment, with the nearest family 18 hours away, definitely made this task difficult. Because Ava has so much energy she got full run of the living room, dining, kitchen and her room. Poor Tal got stuck in our room. Ava was definitely the harder of the two, so we doused ourselves in antibacterial gel and switched occasionally. Finally, Tal fell asleep and Matt and I were able to make the best of what was left of Valentines Day- we ordered out! Not super romantic with Ava playing under the table, asking for bites, and occasionally screaming, but it was the best we could do!!
Right now I am enjoying "nap time"- not mine, but theirs! It is so quiet, except for the howling wind. We are currently under a winter storm watch, but they expect us to get a lot of ice over night. We have hardly had any snow this year- we were spoiled last year! Even though I no longer teach, or attend school, I still watch the weather channel like an old lady anytime I hear of the possibility of snow. I love winter! Weather is so exciting to me- especially snow! My obsession with Doppler radar drives Matt crazy, as he is more of a warm "golf weather" sort of guy! Cross your fingers that we wake up to enough snow for Ava to go out and play!!
Old McDonald's Farm
12 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment