Thursday, February 28, 2008

A small head and ice cream

Ava and Tal were beginning to feel better today, so we got out of the house for a little while. Because is was so windy- I know you are shocked that Amarillo is windy- we went to the mall play area. I just love "people watching." People are so WIERD! I saw parents playing with their kids, not playing with their kids, leaving their kids unattended, talking on cell phones,putting on make-up, and sleeping!!!
Ava is mesmerized by mirrors for some reason. The play area has a "fun house" mirror just on her level. Now I don't know how great of an idea it is to have these types of mirrors- talk about body image problems. I am wondering if Ava is wondering why her head is so little and her mid-section so huge. (you know the mirrors I am talking about!) She stood there looking at herself for at least 10 minutes straight! That was until one of the very BRILLIANT parents YELLS across the room to her child, "Honey, you want to go get some ICE CREAM?" Well you can imagine what happened next- COMPLETE CHAOS! Kids were crying and begging their parents for ice cream. The place absolutely erupted! All of the parents stared this mother up one side and down the other- luckily Ava hasn't grasped the concept of ice cream, and besides that she was still trying to figure out why her head is so small!!


After leaving the mall we met Daddy at Chucky Cheese for a much needed study break- and pizza, of course. From the minute Ava wakes up in the morning she starts saying, "Wanna go Cheese?" Honestly, I didn't really wanna go cheese today, but we were close, I didn't have anything to cook for dinner, and I just love to see a smile on Ava's face! Below are some of our winnings!


Ava & Tal's Chucky Cheese sketch

Ava turned away at the last minute

Good 'ol Chucky

winnings

When we got home, Matt went back to school and Ava and I read and read and read. Here are some of her favorite books. We read each about 10 times. It is actually nice now because I don't even have to read the words, I have them memorized- so if something on HGTV catches my eye I can READ AND WATCH!!




1 comment:

Karen said...

I can vouch for the books being Favorites!!!

You have to watch this! Parents of Miss Teen South Carolina

Ava Ryan

Ava Ryan
Reading her book and acting silly!!