Tonight, while I was "blog-stalking", I stumbled upon this blog. After reading the initial postings, I found myself checking it almost hourly. Apparently this poor family lost a child at 23 wks last year and the mother was going into labor yet again at 24 weeks. At first things looked really bad, then they began to look better, as doctor's were able to slow/stop labor- for a while. I just read the blog again to see that they delivered and lost their precious baby girl, Caroline. A rush of emotions came over me, as Matt and I have experienced the same thing with the loss of our identical twin girls, Adelide and Belle, at 22 weeks. We had a very rough time dealing with the pain of losing our children, but I cannot even begin to imagine going through that pain with 2 pregnancies. The family talked briefly about spending time with their daughter after her delivery and I instantly was reminded of how difficult it was for us to hold our precious babies until they passed. Hearing stories like this one, and remembering our own difficult experience, makes me want to go get my babies out of bed and just hold them. When things get tough- like Tuesday- I try to remember how blessed I am to have them.
Old McDonald's Farm
12 years ago



7 comments:
Reading this brought tears to my eyes. Today in Lexington I bought pink tulips to place on their grave for Easter. We'll never forget the excitement and anticipation we had while we were waiting for the twins, and then the devastation felt when we lost them.
Erin, reading your post brought tears to my eyes also. I know the fear of delivering a premature baby but not the devastation that you have suffered and cannot imagine the pain you carry with you. I am thinking of you and sending you a big hug.
So I a now totally crying. Our daughter McKinly is a twin. When we lost her twin I was heart broken. But reading about wat you and this other poor girl have went through makes me again realize how blessed we really are. My heart goes out to you both.
Erin, reading your post brought tears to my eyes also. I couldn't imagine the heart break you and Matt had to go through. We all are so blessed to have heathly babies. We all send you a BIG hug. Kiss little head Ava and Tal for us! We Love you all!
Reading your post brought tears to my eyes also. I couldn't imagine the heart break you and Matt had to go through. We all are so blessed to have heathly babies. We all send you a BIG hug. Kiss little head Ava and Tal for us! We Love you all!
Reading your post brought tears to my eyes also. I couldn't imagine the heart break you and Matt had to go through. We all are so blessed to have heathly babies. We all send you a BIG hug. Kiss little head Ava and Tal for us! We Love you all!
So often we feel like we are the only ones hurting or that we are going through things alone... I know Paul and I have felt that a lot with our own struggles with fertility and now adoption. It's so hard to understand sometimes--okay, ALL the time. I really miss you guys. It is so hard to be reminded of those experiences (they never leave completely). We love you guys and are praying for you and the "anonymous blog family"
Post a Comment