
Ava Ryan loves her new big girl bed. But, the thing she likes the very most about it is that she can GET OUT easily. It usually starts around 9:30 (about 15 minutes after she gets tucked in) and will begin with wanting a drink of water. Then, she might insist that we remove certain items from her room, aka the cd player, the pillow with the polka dots, etc. Occasionally, she will come out wanting a diaper change (she still wears one to sleep in) or to kiss Kiski goodnight. Obviously, all of these are tactics to stall the inevitable...bedtime. Now that I am getting further into my pregnancy, I generally take the evening to put my feet up, relax, blog, or sleep! However, lately she has really tested my nerves. I think her all time maximum times of getting out of bed is around 20! However, Matt and I haven't ever "given in" to her and she sleeps every night in her own bed. I decided that the madness had to stop, or at least slow down, or we would be putting in a call to Super Nanny PRONTO! So I made up a little chart, bought some stickers, spent hours explaining it to her, and now we are doing much better. I'm not sure that she quite "gets it" but something seems to be clicking. Makes me reminiscence about the time when the thought of getting a sticker was so exciting...what was I thinking?
Old McDonald's Farm
12 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment