Friday, May 8, 2009

Hotel Womb: Wk 26

Break out the sparkling apple juice—baby girl has now completed two-thirds of her stay in Hotel Womb. She is about 1 2/3 pounds and is 14 inches long head-to-heel, or about the length of a burp cloth (otherwise known as my primary wardrobe accessory for the next several months). My last doctor's appointment was reassuring as I was measuring perfectly 26 weeks. Baby girl's heart rate was 157 and she was an active little booger the entire visit! TWENTY-SIX weeks feels soooo good. What a milestone for development! I just keep reminding myself that everyday she stays "checked-in" increases chances of survival. Luckily, unlike other pregnancies, I have had no reason for concern. No contractions, nothing. She is even letting me sleep at night, unlike Ava and Tal. Typically, my pregnancy insomnia is so bad that I am up until at least 4-5 am. I hope I am not speaking too early, but it seems like this little one likes to sleep as much as her mommy! My belly button finally "popped", my nausea is gone, and I am actually beginning to enjoy this pregnancy.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

I'm glad this pregnancy is going much better for you!

You have to watch this! Parents of Miss Teen South Carolina

Ava Ryan

Ava Ryan
Reading her book and acting silly!!