Sunday, July 20, 2008

My little mooner... and more

Okay... so it's no secret that Ava Ryan is REFUSING to potty train. I've tried everything from candy to promises that quite possibly could never be fulfilled! She is so stubborn, that to prove a point that she will use the big girl potty when SHE is ready, she left us a present on her bedroom floor. Yes, a big, stinky, brown present! That was the final straw! Unfortunately, she is in the biggest diaper size known to man, other than Depends, which I might be buying if we don't get this little problem fixed pronto!

So today at church, I dropped her off at nursery, sporting a clean diaper and dry dress. But, I picked her up wearing NO diaper with a wet dress. She told the nursery leader that she needed to go pee pee in the potty. After which she proceeds to dunk her entire backside (diaper, dress, and all) into the toilet water. When I came to change her, I opened the nursery door and she BOLTED out. I swear, Ava Ryan is the fastest toddler known to man and the fact that I was wearing 4-inch heals didn't help me to catch up with her any sooner. Then it happened...she tripped.

I watched as her dress flipped up over her curly little head, mooning anyone that happened to be in the hallway. Oh yeah, did I mention that a class of little kids had just let out- lovely. That wasn't the end of Ava's little escapade. She sloooowly rolled over, spread eagle, might I add, as I broke a sweat to get to her. There she was, just lying on the hallway floor all exposed. I was mortified! When I finally got to her, she looked up at me with those big blue eyes and said, "That's funny!" Now she is safely tucked into bed, diaper on and all, I guess it is time for me to scour the premises looking for more of Ava's stinky presents!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh how funny, I mean now looking back, but probably not at the moment.

I had a friend whose little boy would always take off his diaper and pee or poo in the floor, his bed, etc. She tried a few different things: onsies (he couldn't get them unbuttoned), duct tape (sounds horrible, but actually worked pretty good, especially for the bed). Maybe you could try those???

Mahan Family said...

This story is HILARIOUS!!!

Take comfort in the fact that one day you can tell this story to her friends, first boyfriend, etc. and you will have your revenge. Even better if you have photographic evidence.

Luckily, she's young enough to make this cute. If she's still leaving floor "deposits" in a few years, then it might be a red flag.

You have to watch this! Parents of Miss Teen South Carolina

Ava Ryan

Ava Ryan
Reading her book and acting silly!!