Wednesday, April 23, 2008

System engaged...Terrible Twos Activated!

Houston... we have a problem! Her name is Ava. Ever since turning 2 three days ago, she has been a lot more independent. She hates the word "no" or "Don't" or any other word that shows that I am not pleased with her actions. I know she doesn't like these words merely by the actions that follow. This child needs to try out for a soap, because she can fake cry at the drop of a hat! You know how your soap name is your middle name+the street you grew up on? (Please don't ask me how I know this:)) Her name would be Ryan Vermillion. I think I'll just call her this when her terrible 2 personality surfaces!
She has also mastered the art of flinging herself to the floor and screaming. If I wait long enough I can even catch her peeking out from under her arms to make sure that I am still watching the show that she is putting on. Honestly, she scares me! I just want to hide under the covers, with chocolate and watch an entire season of Super Nanny! I guess what makes this little bug-a-boo so darn cute is that she can go from tantrum to "love you, Mommy" in an instant. She has a little personality and I am definitely getting a crash course in mommyhood!

This is her, yes, sitting on her toilet, fully dressed, playing with a balloon, and watching Barney. I like to call that Multi-tasking!

That's funny!Don't even ask what she is doing here! She has taken an outfit out of her drawer and fashioned it into a tube dress- watch out Project Runway!

What a little mother hen- she wanted Kyson to have his paci
This is the left over evidence of Ava's little fingers eating the icing. I watched her do it (the camera batteries were charging- darn). She pulled a stool over to the counter, looked both ways, lifted the box lid, stuck her fingers in, and got her sugar fix for the day!I know- random picture. Not only is it a sandwich, it is shaped like a Christmas Tree. Ava tried a peanut butter sandwich for the first time today. I thought I would make it more interesting by cutting it into a fun shape- she was not impressed with my evergreen tree!

2 comments:

Mahan Family said...

Don't worry, they just last until...well, we're at 3 1/2 years old and still going.

The Duchess said...

That would make my soap name Rae Debbie. Pretty bad.

You have to watch this! Parents of Miss Teen South Carolina

Ava Ryan

Ava Ryan
Reading her book and acting silly!!