Talmage has begun to move around a lot in his bed at night. Up until now he has been confined to a porta-crib in our bedroom- mainly because he eats so often. However, Matt and I decided that it was time for the little man to move out. So, on Saturday we went and bought him his very own crib. Now this was not our plan all along- you see we thought that by now Ava would be ready for a big girl bed so that Tal could use her crib- but not so much. I would much rather purchase another crib than find that Ava had unloaded the dishwasher, been up all night playing, or left the premises while the rest of us slept! She still needs to be contained because she is too curious! Unfortunately, Tal is confined to one corner of the nursery- yes they are in the SAME room. It has- for the most part- worked out okay, but isn't the ideal situation. I am currently working on his "corner" and will post pictures as soon as I get it finished!
Hangin' out in brother's "crib"
"Night, night Tal- see you when you wake up!"
This week I finally got sick of Tal's crazy hair and decided that I would give him a trim. He has super long hair on top and peach fuzz on the sides- which really makes him look like he should belong to some kind of boy band- well, I can't have that, so I trimmed it up. Here he is sporting a mohawk.
This week we had a small breakthrough with Ava in the "potty department." She finally went poo poo in the potty. I am not sure if it really counts, though. Here's how it went down:
Matt:Um, Erin- Ava's hiking her leg and turning red- and did I mention she doesn't have on a diaper!!!
Erin: (sprints across the room) Hold on, Ava! Hold it, hold it! (grabs potty and wrestles with her to sit on it)
"Plop"
Matt & Erin: (doing the potty dance) Yay! Ava went poo poo in the potty (repeat, repeat, repeat)
Ava: smiling- examines her creation and gets yummy potty candy!!





4 comments:
Good luck with the potty training! I've heard girls are easier than boys, but it still wasn't too bad for us.
Where are you guys building your house? In Corbin?
lovin' the hawk!
Love Tal's hair! Good luck with the potty training. Cooper has pee pee down great. But the poo poo has never made it in the potty yet. We will get there soon. I have heard that girls are easier than boys. Cooper has been doing great though so I guess we will see.
sent the "kiss" picture to Mom and the special K's PRECIOUS
Post a Comment